Pregnancy Diet Chart Month By Month
In this hectic day to day lifestyle, maintaining a well-balanced diet is essential for pregnant women as in this phase, the body undergoes various changes. Some food items are good for the health of the baby and mom, and some are harmful. So today, in this article, I am going to share with you a healthy food chart for a pregnant lady that must be followed for the proper growth of the baby.
Diet Chart For Pregnant Moms
For the proper development of the baby in the womb, every mom should follow the diet chart during pregnancy month by month. I have divided the diet chart structure into 3 phases: 1st Trimester, 2nd Trimester, and the 3rd Trimester.
1st Trimester Pregnancy Diet Chart
1st Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
During the first month of pregnancy, the body undergoes various changes. Also, there is a drastic change in the hormones, and therefore balanced diet should be consumed to ensure proper development of the baby.
Food To Eat In The First Month Of Pregnancy
- Food Rich in Vitamin B6: Bananas, Salmon Fish, Peanut Butter, and Nuts.
- Dairy Products.
- Food Rich in Folate: Green Vegetables, Eggs, Asparagus, Broccoli, and Beans.
- Fibre Rich Food: Legumes, Oats, and Whole Grain Bread.
Pregnancy Diet Tips For First Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the first month of pregnancy.
- Take prenatal vitamins along with your diet.
- Increase the intake of fluids and stay hydrated.
- Eliminate the consumption of junk food.
- Eat meals in a smaller amount at regular intervals.
- Avoid the intake of spicy foods that may lead to heartburn.
2nd Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
Appropriate nutrition during this stage is essential as the baby develops its neural tube, which in the later stage develops the brain, spinal cord, and the nervous system. Also, the circulatory system and the heartbeat is developed in this stage. Hence a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein is essential.
Foods To Eat In 2nd Month Of Pregnancy
- Folic Acid: Fortified Bread, Avocado, Legumes, Lentils, Orange Juice, Beans, Cereals and Green Leafy vegetables.
- Iron: Clams, Cereal, Green Leafy Vegetables, Bread, Pasta, Nuts, Beans, Beef, Dried Fruits, Sea Food, and meat.
- Fiber: Fruits, Vegetables, Legumes, Oats, and Whole Grain Bread.
- Iodine: Iodized Salt, Fish, Milk, Fortified Bread, and Cereal, Cheese and Yogurt.
- Protein: Fish, Seeds, Dairy Products, Eggs, Meat, Legumes and Nuts.
- Vitamin B12: Poultry, Fish, Eggs, Meat, Milk, and Milk Products.
- Vitamin C: Citrus, Strawberries, Cabbage, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Bell Peppers( Yellow & Red).
- Vitamin D: Mushrooms, Cereals, salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, Milk, Eggs.
- Vitamin E: Sunflower Seeds, Raw Almonds, Olive Oil, Hazelnuts, Egg Yolk.
- Calcium: Nuts, Kale, Broccoli, Tofu, Milk, Yogurt, Cheese.
Pregnancy Diet Tips For Second Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the second month of pregnancy.
- If you have morning sickness, then you can eat crackers.
- You must regularly eat your meals and never skip it.
- Drink a lot of fluids.
- Prevent the intake of spicy and oily food.
- Eliminate the consumption of street food.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables before eating them.
3rd Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
The diet in this month of pregnancy is very crucial for the growth of the baby. The moms should be stress-free and fit as most of the miscarriage seemed to occur in this month. Also, the feeling of nausea, hunger, and sleepiness is reduced until this time.
Foods To Eat In Third Month Of Pregnancy
- Vitamin B6: Citrus Fruits, Green Leafy Vegetables, Eggs, and Potatoes.
- Carbohydrates: Bread, Rice, Potatoes, and Whole Grain.
- Iron and Folate: Oatmeal, Bran, Beetroot, Tuna, Beans, Potatoes, Broccoli, Meat, Green Vegetables, Eggs, and Oranges.
Pregnancy Diet Tips For Third Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the third month of pregnancy.
- Eat smaller meals in a day instead of larger meals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take the supplements prescribed by the doctor at the proper time.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, and other toxins as this can harm your baby.
- Consult the doctor before making any changes in the diet.
2nd Trimester Pregnancy Diet Chart
4th Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
In this month, you will get relief from all types of issues like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, bloating, headache, and peeing. Also, until this month, the baby is fully developed, and you can feel his movements. This diet this month should be nourishing for the growth and fine-tuning of the baby’s organs.
Foods To Eat In Fourth Month Of Pregnancy
- Foods Rich in Fatty Acids.
- Food Rich in Fiber.
- Dairy Products.
- Food Rich in Iron.
Pregnancy Diet Tips For Fourth Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the fourth month of pregnancy.
- Avoid consuming spicy food, fried food, or food containing a high amount of sugar and sodium.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- You can sprinkle ground flax seeds on your salad, yogurt, or oatmeal as it is an excellent source of omega-three fatty acids and dietary fiber.
- Limit the intake of sweet dishes as this can lead to weight gain and diabetes.
- Limit the intake of caffeine and iron supplements.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables to remove the germs, soil and pesticide residues.
5th Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
In this month, your baby starts to bloom, and so your belly begins to grow. The cravings for eating various food increases as the hormones reshuffle. But you have to control your need for junk food and eat only healthy food as the initial priority is the proper development of the baby.
Foods To Eat In Fifth Month Of Pregnancy
- Protein Rich Food: Nuts, Pulses, Cereals, Eggs, and Steamed Chickpea
- Increase the Fluid Intake
- Salads and Green Vegetables
- Whole Grains
Pregnancy Diet Tips For Fifth Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the fifth month of pregnancy.
- Eat at regular intervals instead of eating at one time.
- If you are feeling hungry, then opt for nuts and seeds instead of junk food.
- Set up a meal plan so that you can provide all the essential nutrients required for the proper development of your baby.
- You can always consult a doctor before consuming any food item. Also, you can ask the doctor about alternative food, if you are allergic to it.
6th Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
In this phase of pregnancy, the baby grows rapidly, so you should increase the nutrients in your diet like carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, and vitamins. Avoid consuming spicy foods, seafood, and caffeine. Also, in this, you will face some health issues like lower back pain, swelling in hands and legs, an increase in vaginal discharge, gastric problems.
Food To Eat In 6 Month Of Pregnancy
- Whole Grains
Pregnancy Diet Tips For Sixth Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the sixth month of pregnancy.
- Whenever you have hunger cravings, eat fruits and vegetables as it contains all the essential nutrients required for the baby’s development.
- Before taking any medicine for a small illness, you must always consult the doctor.
- If you are a foodie person and like to eat different food items, then you can eat fast food once or twice a week, but mak ensure you eat it in small portions.
3rd Trimester Pregnancy Diet Chart
7th Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
In this phase, your baby is fully developed and so requires proper nutrients for the health. Instead of taking large meals, you must eat in small portions so that your baby gets all the essential nutrients needed. Make sure that you intake 450 calories extra daily. You should also increase the intake of liquids in large quantities to eradicate all the toxins from the body.
Food To Eat In 7 Month of Pregnancy
- Food Rich in Iron and Protein
- Food Rich in calcium
- Food Rich in Magnesium
- Food Rich in Folic Acid
- Food Rich in DHA
- Food Rich in Fibre
- Food Rich in Vitamin C
Pregnancy Diet Tips For Seventh Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the seventh month of pregnancy.
- Include fresh fruits, eggs, nuts, legumes, beans, dry fruits, milk in your daily diet plan. You can do a heavy breakfast as your body have the whole day to digest the food.
- In the afternoon, you can eat starchy food items instead of sugary ones. Your afternoon’s lunch should be a balanced promotion of fruits, vegetables, salad, chapati, bread, salads, and rice. Also, try to include food rich in proteins in your diet.
- In the evening, your snacks should not be heavy and must include healthy food items.
- Keep your dinners light as this can cause heartburn and constipation. Include salads and fresh fruits to get a good night’s sleep.
8th Month Pregnancy Diet Chart
In this stage, as the baby is fully developed, even then, you have to maintain your diet to keep him fit and healthy till his birth. You might feel very hungry as whatever you eat will go to your baby as well. So you should keep a check on your diet.
Food To Eat in 8 Month Of Pregnancy
- Nuts and Seeds
- Ground flaxseeds
- Dried Fruits
- Green Leafy vegetables
- Egg Yolk
- Dairy Products
Pregnancy Diet Tips For Eight Month
Here are some of the diet tips that pregnant women must follow in the eight month of pregnancy.
- Drink plenty of fluids as this can prevent constipation and also increase the bloodstream volume that carries all the essential vitamins and minerals to the mother and the child.
- Consume only food items that add nutritional value to your diet.
- If you like to eat seafood, then eat the fish that is safe during pregnancy.
- Stop drinking alcohol and other toxins that are harmful to the baby.
9th Month Pregnancy Food Chart
Now its time for your baby to enter this new world. You should be cautious about what you eat. Increase the intake of Vitamin C and folic acid into the diet.
Food To Eat In 9 Month Of Pregnancy
- Calcium-Rich food
- Folic Acid Rich Food
- Vitamin A Rich Food
- Iron Rich Food
- Vitamin C Rich Food
- Drink plenty of liquids
What Not To Eat And Drink During Pregnancy?
During the pregnancy, special care must be taken physically as well as during the intake of meals. Certain food items should be avoided, and some are to be limited during the pregnancy phase. Here are some of the food items that should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Raw Fish
- Raw Meat
- High Mercury Fish
- Raw Eggs
- Fresh Sprouts
- Unpasteurized Milk and Dairy Products
- Processed Junk Food
- Animal Liver
- Soft Cheese
Pregnancy is the most amazing experience that a woman faces in her life. During that phase, to keep yourself and your baby healthy, you must follow a pregnancy diet plan. So I hope this pregnancy diet plan for each month has proved helpful to all of you.
If you liked these tips, then do share it with other moms as well.